• 1 cup butter, softened
• ¾ cup packed brown sugar
• ¼ cup sugar
• 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 cups (12 ounces)semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pudding mix and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts (dough will be stiff).
2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Source: acozyplacecalledhome.com (via Taste of Home – Originally published as Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p27)
I hope you are all snuggled up with a good book and a glass of wine! I am… xoxo
remember…..you don’t have to “do it all”…..keep it simple!